All scholars attending Manor New Tech Middle school are expected to dress according to the district and campus dress code policies. The purpose of the standard mode of dress policy at our school is to encourage uniformity in dress and identity that advocates self-respect, improved academics and behavior. We also want to encourage an environment of pride which leads to effective communication and collaboration in our schools. The Manor New Tech Middle dress code is in addition to the district dress code; it does not replace the Manor ISD dress code policy. Any questions about the dress code or whether or not specific items of clothing are permitted, should be addressed to the campus administration.
The following dress code must be adhered to by all Manor New Tech Middle school scholars:
- Shirts – Short or long sleeved polo style (collared) shirts. Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- 6th Graders will wear Red or White or Yellow
- 7th Graders will wear Sky Blue or Grey or Green
- 8th Graders will wear Royal Blue or Black or Purple
- Fridays will be our sprit day, Scholars will be allowed to wear sprit shirts with jeans.
- Pants – Plain khaki or black pants, shorts, and skorts (no bling) must be worn on the scholar's natural waist at all times. Shorts and skorts must be an approved length (no shorter than the tips of the fingers when the arms are extended by the sides of the body). Pants, shorts, and skorts must be free of holes. Neither jeans nor sweatpants are allowed. Joggers and cargo pants are not allowed, pants may not be binded at the ankles.
- Belts – Solid black or brown must be worn if pants have belt loops.
- Hoodies are allowed in the grade level colors. However hoods are NOT allowed to be worn inside the building at anytime.
Scholars attending Manor New Tech Middle School will be required to wear business attire on days they are presenting their projects.